Pleated Filter Discs
Saifilter Pleated Filter Disc, also known as an extended area filter disc, is made of stainless steel mesh or other alloy mesh, usually made of stainless steel 304, 316 material, with a solid layer or multiple layers, which is ideal for accurate filtration. It can also be customized to meet the application of various types of pleated filter discs to increase the surface area of the filter.
As a crucial Metal Fither Element, they play a pivotal role in ensuring clean and efficient operations. The primary objective is to provide compact, lightweight components that provide reliable and cost-effective filtration protection to critical areas of the system, thereby removing contaminants that could clog or damage the control components.
The design of Pleated Filter Discs allows for a certain amount of flow filtration in relatively small spaces, which is crucial for industrial equipment with limited space. They typically have smaller exterior dimensions, but can provide relatively large surface area filtration, effectively utilizing limited installation space.
Wire Mesh Disc Specifications
- Filter Disc Details:
- Housing: 304 & 316 Stainless Steel, Copper
- Sizes: 3/8" - 5" (custom Discs Sizes Available)
- Micron Rating: 1-200 µm
- Collapse Pressure: 50 PSID
Below is the standard Pleated Filter Disc size chart. Saifilter can also provide custom design and manufacture of Stainless Steel Pleated Filter Discs according to your specific application.
Saifilter goes beyond standard products and offers professional custom design and manufacturing services to meet the needs of your unique application. Whether as part of original equipment or replacement parts to replace existing processing machinery, we have your requirements covered.
Pleated Rimmed Plain Side
Pleated Rimmed Pleated Side
|Item||Dimensions||Effective Area in2|
|A ± .005"||B ± .015"||C ± .015"||D ± .015"|
|Note: A – O.D. (Outer Diameter), B – I.D. (Inner Diameter), C – Overall Thickness D – Boarder Thickness|
- All parts can be ultrasonically cleaned
- Minimize industrial machinery downtime
- Good high-temperature resistance and corrosion resistance
- High Flow
- Pleated filter discs have a very high flow rate: Because the surface is in the form of folds, compared with the ordinary filter plate, the filter area and pollution-carrying capacity are increased, thus reducing the pressure difference and saving the filtration cost.
- It has a long service life: Because the filter medium is suitable for different application environments, the production materials include stainless steel, Hastelloy, Inconel, etc. These materials have excellent mechanical strength, good corrosion resistance, and high-temperature resistance, so solid and durable can extend the service life and save costs.
- Easy to clean: Pollution can be removed by superheated steam, chemical cleaning, ultrasonic cleaning, and other methods. We have a skilled technical department to address critical cleaning issues, thus extending the operational life of the filter.
- Electrical Cooling Systems
- Gas Turbine Engines
- Fuels & Lubricants
- Fuel & Air Injection
- Test Stands
- Vacuum Inlets to Equipment
- Aircraft Engine Fuel & Air Systems
Pleated filter discs are advanced filtration devices characterized by their unique folded designs, which notably boost the surface area. This increased surface area not only ensures higher filtration efficiency but also extends the filter's service life. The pleated structure enhances its dirt-holding capacity, making these discs exceptionally effective. Versatile in nature, they are used in a wide range of applications, spanning from air purification in HVAC systems to intricate industrial processes, offering both high performance and reliability.
The pleated design offers a larger surface area, resulting in higher dirt-holding capacity, extended service life, and often better filtration efficiency than flat discs.
First, the pleated filter disc is made of stainless steel and other materials, which have
excellent corrosion resistance, acid and alkaline resistance, and can be used in high-temperature environments. Even if used in a harsh environment, it will not be damaged quickly, so it has a long service life. In terms of the number of layers, it has a solid single or multi-layer structure, which can achieve a precise filtering effect and can also be customized to meet the application of various types of fold filters.
Secondly, because it adopts the form of a fold, compared with the ordinary filter plate, the
fold filter plate has a larger filtration area and precise filtration accuracy, which can ensure
the purity of the material even at high temperatures or temperature.
Finally, the pleated metal mesh filter tray is designed to provide compact, lightweight components that provide reliable, economical filtration protection in various critical areas of
the system to remove contaminants that could clog or damage the control components.
The replacement or cleaning frequency depends on the specific application, contaminant load, and filter material. It's essential to monitor pressure drop and visual inspections to determine the right time for maintenance.
Many pleated filter discs are designed to be reusable or have extended service lives, reducing waste. The environmental impact also depends on the material used and disposal methods.