PTFE Demister Pads
Saifilter PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) Demister Pads are polymer compounds polymerized from tetrafluoroethylene. They are mainly used in the mixture steam of concentrated sulfuric acid and concentrated nitric acid. PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) Demister Pads can maintain excellent mechanical properties at -150~+260℃. One of the characteristics of perfluorocarbon polymers is that they are not brittle at low temperatures. Demister Pads made of PTFE are particularly effective in these extreme conditions.
When using demister pads, customers mainly consider the corrosiveness of the medium in the operating system and the operating temperature. PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) demister pads can withstand corrosion from various media, have moderate mechanical strength, and have a wide operating temperature range. Custom production is possible according to the geometry of the tank, vessel, or equipment installed. The de-mist pad made of this material has high separation efficiency for 3- 5um mist droplets. Polypropylene is suitable for various chemical containers and has sound anti-corrosion effects.
The friction coefficient of Polytetrafluoroethylene knitted mesh material is small, only 1/5 of polyethylene, which is an essential feature of perfluorocarbon surfaces. PTFE is non-sticky due to the low intermolecular forces between the fluorine-carbon chains.
Saifilter PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) demister pads are available in round, rectangular, and ring shapes, and these shapes and sizes are custom-produced according to the application requirements required by each customer. To match the best demister pad.
PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) demister pad material has a relatively high density of 2.14-2.20g/cm. It does not absorb water, and its equilibrium water absorption rate is as low as 0.01%. PTFE is a typical flexible polymer. The mutual attraction between macromolecules is small, and the stiffness, hardness, and strength are minor. It will deform under long-term stress.
Disc Demister Pad optional size range:
- OD: 442 mm - OD 6000 mm
- THK: 100mm - THK 500mm
- Wire Diameter: 0.08-0.25 mm
- Density: 0.90-0.91 g/cm3
- Efficiency: 99.6%
PTFE Demister Pads Optional Size Range:
- Width: 70mm - 150mm
- THK: 50mm - 500mm
- Length: 100mm -6000m
- Corrosion resistance: The PTFE material frame and wire mesh show excellent corrosion resistance to various organic acids, organic solvents, and strong oxidants, making them widely used in corrosive environments.
- Weather resistance: This knitted mesh material has high weather resistance, can be used in various climate conditions for a long time, and is not accessible to age.
- High lubrication: It has a low friction coefficient (0.04) and is smoother than ice, so it performs well in terms of lubrication performance.
- Non-stickiness: Due to the slight surface tension, it does not adhere to any substance and has excellent non-stickiness.
- Non-toxic: physiologically inert. No harmful toxins or chemicals will be released, and no pollution will be caused to the environment.
- Chemical industry
- Refineries and petrochemical plants
- Chemical production
- Wastewater treatment
- Air pollution control
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Oil and gas industry
PTFE Demister Pads are filtration devices made from polytetrafluoroethylene and designed to remove liquid droplets from gas or vapor streams. They are highly resistant to chemical corrosion and extreme temperatures.
PTFE is exceptionally resistant to a wide range of chemicals and can operate at temperatures ranging from -150℃ to +260℃. This makes them ideal for harsh industrial environments where other materials might fail.
They can take various conditions due to their robust chemical and thermal stability. However, extreme fluctuations might still affect their efficiency and lifespan.
Depending on the type of contamination, they can be cleaned using appropriate chemical solvents or steam. Regular inspection and cleaning are recommended to maintain efficiency.