PP Demister Pad
Saifilter PP (Polypropylene) Demister Pad is mainly constructed of PP knitted woven mesh, and its core component support grille is also made of PP. The shape of the PP (Polypropylene) Demister Pad is usually determined by the geometry of the tank, vessel, or equipment in which it is installed. It is recommended that the operating temperature is no greater than 90°. It can effectively remove 3--5um droplets suspended in the airflow.
PP (Polypropylene) Demister Pad has good chemical stability. In addition to being corroded by concentrated sulfuric acid and concentrated nitric acid, it is relatively stable to various other chemical reagents. However, low molecular weight aliphatic hydrocarbons, aromatic hydrocarbons, and chlorinated hydrocarbons can soften and swell PP Knitted Wire Mesh. Since its chemical stability increases with crystallinity, polypropylene is suitable for use in various chemical containers and has a good anti-corrosion effect.
The most common shapes of Saifilter Pad Demister include round, rectangular, and ring. These shapes and sizes are custom-produced according to the application requirements required by each customer. to ensure optimal Pad Demister performance and adaptability.
PP Disc Mesh Pad Demister
Polypropylene Mist Eliminator Demister Pad
Size of PP (Polypropylene) Demister Pad
Disc Demister Pad optional size range
OD 442 mm - OD 6000 mm
THK 100mm - THK 500mm
Wire Diameter: 0.08-0.25 mm
Density: 0.90-0.91 g/cm3
Rectangular Alloy demister pad optional size range
- Width 70mm - 150mm
- THK 50mm - 500mm
- Length 100mm -6000m
- Simple structure and lightweight
- Large porosity and negligible pressure drop
- Large contact surface area and high defoaming efficiency
- Easy to install, operate, and maintain
- Chemical Resistance: PP is known for its excellent resistance to various chemicals, making it suitable for use in environments with corrosive substances.
- Lightweight and Easy to Handle: Polypropylene is a lightweight material, making these demister pads easier to handle and install than those made from heavier materials.
- High Strength: Despite being lightweight, PP demister pads are solid and durable, capable of withstanding operational stresses without significant wear or damage.
- Low Cost: Polypropylene is a cost-effective material, making PP demister pads an economical choice for industrial applications.
- Low Pressure Drop: These pads typically have a low pressure drop across them, ensuring that they do not significantly impede gas or steam flow in the system.
- Temperature Resistance: PP can withstand various temperatures, making it suitable for applications where temperature fluctuations are typical.
- Non-Toxic and Environmentally Friendly: Polypropylene is a non-toxic material, and its use does not pose significant environmental risks.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain: PP demister pads can be easily cleaned and maintained, which helps prolong their service life and maintain efficiency.
- Versatility: These pads can be used in various industrial applications, including chemical processing, gas purification, and steam separation.
- Good Mechanical Properties: PP has good mechanical properties, including high tensile strength and rigidity, contributing to the overall effectiveness and longevity of the pads.
- Chemical Industry
- Refineries And Petrochemical Plants
- Chemical Production
- Wastewater Treatment
- Air Pollution Control
- Food And Beverage Industry
- Oil And Gas Industry
PP Demister Pads often provide comparable efficiency to metal ones, especially in corrosive applications. While metal pads may have a longer lifespan in non-corrosive environments, PP pads often outperform metal in corrosive settings due to their excellent chemical resistance. The lifespan also depends on the specific application, maintenance, and environmental conditions.
PP Demister Pads are suitable for specific oil and gas applications, mainly where exposure to chemicals or solvents could corrode metal pads.
The density of PP influences the pad's strength, stiffness, and thermal resistance. Higher-density PP typically offers better mechanical strength and thermal stability, which can enhance the pad's performance in more demanding applications. However, this may also increase the weight and pressure drop across the place.
Maintenance typically involves regular inspections for signs of wear, damage, or clogging. Cleaning can usually be done with water or appropriate solvents, depending on the contaminants. Proper maintenance ensures long-term efficiency and prevents issues like reduced gas flow or increased pressure drop.