Candle filters are based on a completely closed system. Its main components are material tanks, filter pumps, pipelines, gas tanks, candle filters, valves, an electrical control system PLC, etc.
The filtration process remains closed and free from any kind of pollution and leak-free. It can be considered a full-time automatic filtration process, cake washing filters, air drying, and the use of back blowing gas function for discharge cake. Because of being a pollution-free and quick process, filtration through candle filters is considered maximum productive.
Components of candle filters
Candle filters can also be referred to as tubular backwashing filters. These filters are considered an ideal solution for polishing and thickening. This kind of filter does not include any movable part and is deemed to be good for several batches without any requirement of a supervisor. It includes three main components: the candles, the vessel, and the discharge mechanism.
The first principal component of the candle filter is the vessel that will operate under pressure conditions of 6 to 10 bar. If the purpose of the candle filter is Polish, then the bottom will be conical shape to assist in discharging. On the other hand, thickener filters come with a flatter bottom. Both kinds of filters are designed with configurations that can prevent solid from setting in the bottom and have preventive valves so that the flow can be controlled on the top. Candles are plugged on the top so that liquid filtrate can be carried out near the header of the filter. Cake discharge will occur by controlling the release of packed air or gas by manipulating the slurry outlet and inlet along with the sludge drain.
The other component scandals are named based on their shape, similar to the ordinary candle. These are hello to that come with a lid on the bottom and a connector on the header attached to the body. The outer surface of candles is simply created of punch plates, sintered metal, expanded metal, and porous ceramic that support filter media.
Filter media may be different kinds of materials like stainless steel, wedge wire, etc. These fabric media come in a versatile range and different styles that allow a pure filter off the 1 to 900 Micron range. So it also allows you to get higher rates of flow.
The operational sequence of candle filters
A candle filter operates in the simplest three stages, Filtration, filling, and discharge. Process of operation will depend upon the conditions and may include more steps that we are going to list here,
If your product is in solid form, you have not required a pre-coating option, but if you have a sticky slurry product or want a clear filter rate, you should have to pre-coat and then move further.
Then the slurry element enters the vessel then the air is compressed in the vessel above the headers.
This stage is required to clean the cake by spraying it near the headers down to the length of the tubes.
Steam will replace Larry, and it will be pushed through the cake and tubes until the whole filtrate is captured.
Gas fills the vessel, pushes the remaining slurry from tubes on the lower side, and forward it back to the feed tanks.
Both ends of the inlet and outlet are closed so that the sludge can drain to the bottom side of the vessel. Here but you can get a backwash, and this breaks the cake, and you will get a Discharge. Now the unit is free and ready to get refilled.
Candle Filter’s Working Principle
The liquid is poured inside the container from the top, and it will flow through the tubes and will be collected at the bottom of the container.
Suspended particles and other impurities are removed from fluids and liquids through a mechanical trapping process and adsorption at microns from ceramic candles.
- Candle filters are cheap and easy to handle and maintain.
- They can be cleaned easily.
- Used to remove suspended particles, turbidity, pathogens, etc.
- It can also remove Iran and some kinds of viruses from fluids.
- Improve water quality by removing the smell, color, and taste.
- Water will remain safe and cold in candle filters.
- Portable and durable as it can be transported easily.
- The construction of candle filters is also simple as there are just three main components that can be constructed using local materials.
- Candle filters will not remove all kinds of pathogens.
- The flow rate is normal.
- Chemical contaminants will not be removable by candle filters.
- Because of local production material, check and balance quality will be difficult to manage.
- The container of candle filters is made of ceramic, so it will not be easy to transport due to its property of fragility and weight.
Maintenance of candle filters
There are some guidelines add maintenance points that users should keep in mind while using this candle filter,
- The pressure of water poured into a container should not be much higher as it can damage the fragility of the candle.
- If there are any cracks away damage noticed in candles, they should be replaced immediately; asking rats can reduce the efficiency of filtration, and water can pass through these cracks without going through the process of filtration.
- Proper cleaning is required for new candles as they may affect the flow rate of the fluid.
- Candles can be cleaned by simple scrubbing slowly made with a soft brush or clean cloth so that dirt or any kind of clogging can be removed.
- Fluids without chemicals can easily be cleaned by using this filtration process.
- Users should not touch candles with dirty hands, and you are recommended to place them on a clean surface during the cleaning process.
- Containers, lid, and the tap should be cleaned with water and soap for a proper cleansing process.
Production of candle filters
Many local manufacturers I contribute to manufacturing candle filters at the local level with the help of local commerce. As local production will offer financial support to voluntary laborers and households, it may sometimes affect the quality and effectiveness of candle filters.
So it is recommended not to compromise on quality when you are going to get a candle filter, especially for industrial purposes. You are suggested that candle filters from the Saifilter are highly effective and have 100% efficiency. These kinds of filters are suitable for all types of weather conditions and will offer long-term production to your industry by using candle filters by a Saifilter as these candle filters are manufactured on a high standard of the market and are available to transport to any area where you need them for industrial or other purposes.
Things you should consider before buying a candle filter:
- You must have to buy a candle filter that can fulfill the following conditions
- Candle filters with limited space on the floor and a larger area for filtration.
- Components are made of volatile material that a vacuum cannot affect.
- If you require high filler clarity, then you should choose candle fillers for polishing.
- Candle filters with high-quality materials are required as they are used to reduce the risk of environmental hazards and will offer a secure mechanism for discharging.
- You should choose a high-quality candle filter from the Saifilter if you want to have dry and thickened slurry cake infiltrate.
Candle filters have great use in different industries, including plastic, electroplating, fuel, chemical, lubricant oils, ceramic, glass, pharmaceutical industry, metal catalyst, alkali industry, zeolite, etc. Candle filters include pressure filtration through the thin cake, drying, cake washing, very slurry, and discharging inside and enclosed vessels with high pressure. Like other filters, candle filters also have some advantages and disadvantages. Here we are going to mention some most important pros and cons of candle filters.
Candle filters are widely used in different food industries like fructose saccharification liquids, edibles, oil fractions, etc. In the industries of pharmaceutical products data biopharmaceutical industry, bioengineering, etc., or in the chemical industry that may include waste plastics, oil refining, black carbon, waste tires, titanium dioxide, etc., and many other industries.