The porous metal filter is made of porous metal filter material. The Porous metal filter media can be divided into powder metallurgy filter material, and metal fibre is woven filter material and metal fibre filter material according to the manufacturing process and microporous structure characteristics. Commonly used metals are bronze, iron, nickel, stainless steel, etc.
Introduction of Porous Metal
As a member of porous materials, porous metal has the advantages of strength, heat resistance and fire resistance compared with foam plastics. Compared with porous ceramics, porous metal has the advantages of thermal shock resistance, conductivity, heat conduction, processability and functional installation, and it can also be recycled and regenerated.
It not only has excellent physical indexes such as thermal performance, acoustic performance, electrical performance and permeability performance but also can be used as a choice in structural use due to its low bulk density, high specific strength, high specific stiffness, excellent thermal conductivity, more energy absorption, good damping performance, etc.; its combination of mechanical properties with physical properties such as sound and heat can be used as porous metal The application of the new technology has opened up a broad prospect.
What Are the Advantages of Porous Metal Filter Materials ?
- Porous metal filter materials are used as filter elements in various hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Its main benefits are:
- It can control and adjust the porosity, micropore size and micropore distribution of materials
- Higher-strength and stable filtering performance than nonmetal filter
- It can be applied to all kinds of a complex working environment
- It has processability and is conducive to making all kinds of small, precise and complex filters
Classification and Characteristics of Porous Metal Filter Materials
According to its filtration mechanism, filter materials can be divided into deep filtration type and surface filtration type. According to its manufacturing process and microstructure characteristics, it can be generally divided into three broad categories:
1 ) Powder Metallurgy Filter Material
This kind of material is made of metal or alloy by pulverizing, moulding and sintering. The commonly used metals are bronze, iron, nickel, stainless steel, etc., which belong to the deep filter type filter material. It consists of a random collection of powder particles, forming numerous regular microporous channels.
By changing the size and size distribution of powder particles, and changing the density and thickness of the matrix, it can control and adjust the filtering performance of materials. The disadvantage is that under the action of fluid, medium migration is random.
2 ) The Metal Wire is the Woven Filter Material
It is made up of many kinds of diameter wires or wound into various kinds of the structural grid, arranged into a certain geometric shape according to the predetermined micropore or channel size, and then sintered. The micropore size and shape can be controlled and adjusted by changing the wire diameter and weaving method, or by single-layer or multi-layer wire overlapping rolling.
This kind of material belongs to the surface filtration type in the filtration mechanism. It has good mechanical properties and corrosion resistance and is easy to clean and reuse. The disadvantage is that the ability of waste disposal is poor.
3 ) Metal Fibre Filter Material
In order to control the filtration performance of the material, the diameter of the metal fibre with the diameter of several microns to dozens of microns is made by cold drawn metal wire through machining or melt metal spraying.
This kind of material combines the advantages of the two kinds of materials mentioned above, and at the same time eliminates the disadvantages of them to a large extent. It is a kind of filter material with excellent performance.
What Are the Characteristics of Sintered Porous Metal Filter？
- The metal filter is the general term of precision filter. There are three kinds of filtering effects: general, high efficiency and precision. The main materials are stainless steel mesh, sintered mesh, sintered felt, sintered porous metal powde，honeycomb core and other efficient filter materials.
- It has a wide range of applications, and the filter medium can be from large to small or even accurate to micron. Widely used in pharmaceutical, machinery, electric power, chemical industry, food processing, oil refining, steel plant, sewage treatment, precision filtration, scientific experiments and other industries.
- Among all the filter materials, the Sintered metal powder filter has the advantages of high strength, pressure resistance, uniform stress, high-temperature resistance, and high pore content of the connecting hole. Metal filter mainly uses metal powder and its alloy powder as raw material.
- It can be made into parts of various shapes and specifications by pressing or loose sintering. It is suitable for separating the filter and filtrate at normal temperature and below 1000 ℃.
- The Sintered porous metal filter can filter out the dust particles (about 0.2 μ m) to coarse particles in the air, and the filter particle size starts from 0.2 μ m to hundreds of μ M.
- Due to the high strength of dry metal, the pressure filtration can increase the separation speed of filter material and filtrate, so the filtration efficiency is increased.