A porous plastic sheet is a porous sheet made by sintering particles of plastic materials together to form a porous structure. The material is rigid and strong and can be made into a specific pore size distribution. This sintered plastic produces a filter media that provides excellent filtration of ultrafine particles while maintaining gas and liquid flow.
They are made from high-purity resins, and filtration depends on the micron-sized material chosen. They can be used for filtering particles, diffusing or venting gas or wicking applications.
These sheets have excellent corrosion resistance and are chemically resistant to most acids, bases, solvents and hydrocarbon-based fuels. The selection of size specifications is generally customized according to the actual application on-site, and the selection range of length and width is within 1.2 meters.
What are the materials, thicknesses, and grades of porous sintered plastic plates?
- Porous polyethylene sheet (PE) offers extra-fine, fine, medium and coarse grades.
- Porous polypropylene sheet (PP) is available in intermediate and coarse grades.
- The average pore size of the plate is in the range of 1-160 microns, and the void volume is 30-50%.
Sintered porous polyethylene sheets can be safely operated at temperatures of 180⁰F and 210 ⁰F.
Sintered porous polypropylene can be safely operated intermittently at 210 ⁰F and 230 ⁰F.
Advantages of porous plastic plates
- Lower cost.
- Repeatable performance-controlled porosity.
- Chemical resistance-suitable for most acids, alkalis, solvents, and hydrocarbons.
- High strength and lightweight easy to assemble.
- Dual filtering function-can be used as a surface filter or a depth filter.
- Hydrophilic, hydrophobic or self-sealing properties.
What is the role of powder fluidization?
The introduction of compressed gas into a bulk powder through a porous medium allows the powder to "behaved like a liquid", making it easy to move. Generally, the smaller the particle size of the powder, the greater its cohesion and the more difficult it is to move. However, there are a wide variety of fluidized media that can provide practical solutions to most fluidization challenges.
Typical application examples
Anti-bridging and aeration pads
Air assisted gravity conveying
The market demands that powder fluidization systems have a compact, economical design that is easy to clean and requires minimal maintenance.
Application of porous plastic plate in powder fluidization technology
For powder, fluidization is the most widely used industrial application. The porous plastic sheet is a special kind of high-density porous plastic with specific uses in fluidization/powder coating and material handling / conveying applications, including:
- Fluidized boards-for powder coatings, bulk drug processing, and food processing.
- Fluidized air cushions-assist in unloading tapered storage silos/boxes and rail or truck bucket vehicles.
- Air Conveyors-Magnetic levitation and powder, such as coatings, flour, and cereals, pigments, cement, fertilizers, light objects such as stamped parts, films, electronic components, and semiconductor chips.